September 3, 2010

Living in denial

Have you ever encounter people who won't admit their age?

Or people who believes that they are thin when they actually fat not so slim?

Or worst are those who are supermodel skinny but keeps complaining that they are fat?

Or people who keeps buying and buying when they no they cannot afford it? Shopaholics syndrome *grins*

Just yesterday, there was this 30-ish lady who walked into the shop and after chatting with her for a while, we realize that we had some mutual friends. But I wanted to start laughing when she kept referring them as Aunty this and Uncle that when they are only in their earlier 40-ties. They are only 10 years difference in age from her. It's either she is living in denial about her age or just can't see very clearly that they are as young as her.


Though I must admit that I don't like it when kids call me aunty. I'm not in denial, ok...  I'm just not old enough to be an aunty.... really...

And there was this other customer who kept insisting that she was an S size when I know she is totally an L size person. She refuse to listen to me and I didn't want to hurt her feelings by saying she is fat bursting her fantasy bubble. But the mean old me will definitely laugh when she comes back to change the t-shirts for a bigger size... silently la .. and fighting the urge to say "I told you so"..


Why do people live in denial? Is it because they do not know themselves and the mirror that they look into everyday are just what they see in their mind? Or that they just want to believe something better about themselves?

On a different note...

I did something really crazy on Monday.

And it finally sunk in...


Nope, I'm not going to tell you what I did. Cos if I did, you will sure say I'm crazy or stupid or was I high or what..

Anyway, I did it because I wanted to, and I think it will be good and though I hate to admit this... its because of a guy. *sigh.. the things we girls do for guys*

Anyway, if you are nice and ask me really nicely, I just might tell you..

Till then, I will keep my little secret and ponder over how stupid I was...

..........






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not in denial :p

I seriously have flabby arms and hips and a tummy :s and I just don't understand why people keep saying I'm skinny.

I'm not fat, but I have fats!! :D