April 8, 2012

my not-so-interesting life

Oh gosh! I wrote this last night but forgot to click the 'publish' button. Must be the tea. Blame it on the tea. I told you caffeine turn my brain to mush. Here's Sunday night rambling on a Monday morning.. 
________________________________________________

It's late Sunday night... or you can say early Monday morning. I'm sitting here surfing the net hoping for an inspiration to write.... yet nothing comes to mind. Do I write about my entire week, or do I write about the Easter play I was involved in, or maybe I could write about how busy my days are and that I don't even have time to shit *actually I do* , or maybe tell you about my fear of opening my emails hoping that if I don't the tons of emails that I have yet to reply will just disappear, or the problems that I faced dealing with so difficult people, or maybe you would want to read about my wedding planning? 

But then again, why on earth would anyone be interested in my life and what I do? I am no celebrity or someone famous. Cos if I am, then what I had for breakfast or me sitting with my legs up while I'm watching TV would be hot news. 

Its kinda funny how when one is famous, little things that they do becomes so interesting and everyone scrambles to have read or hear about these tiny bits of news. And yet, if it happened to someone not so famous, its nothing interesting at all. Why is it that people who had normal life which turned famous suddenly becomes more interesting?


OK, I know I am babbling about famous people. Or maybe not. 

1.30am. It's passed my bedtime and I can't sleep. Must be the cup of Orchado Tea I just had. Caffeine keeps me wide awake and turns my brain to mush. 

Ok, just humour me and let me share my not-so-interesting life OK? Who knows, maybe I'll be famous one day and this blog and pictures will sell for lots of money to gossip reporters.

Here's something I received in an email a couple of days back :

A question was posed to the Dalai Lama: 
"What is the thing about humanity that surprises you the most?"

His answer was as follows: 
MAN - because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices his money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he doesn't enjoy the present, and as a result he doesn't live in the present or the future. And he lives as if he's never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived.”

Hmm... So true..

So here's me signing off..

Yours truly, 
a not-so-interesting person hoping that she lives her life enjoying the present 


No comments: