May 12, 2010

Love 'em, Hate 'em

Have you ever notice how people hate policeman but yet love them at the same time? We complain and grumble and even curse whenever we receive summonses or when we see flashing lights from our rearview mirror.. And sometimes we even wish there are no such thing as a policeman when we are late for our appointments and speed along the highway like a demon... *guilty*


Yet, we still look for them and wish they are there when we are in danger.. Or when that group of guys standing by your car looks your way... Or even when it seems that someone is following your car as you drive home late at nigh...


Yesterday, I needed to drop by Sg. Wang to pick sometime up from a supplier. And like most people, I stopped my car by the roadside in front of Sungai Wang entrance.. While waiting for the guy to come, who took almost 10mins, I heard an insistent honking behind me. To my dismay, when I looked in my rearview mirror, parked right behind of my car was this huge looking policeman with an equally huge motorcycle.


I started panicking... I called up the supplier and asked them to hurry up...

The honking continues. I drove a little further up the road and stopped. And to my dismay, the policeman followed my car and stopped his bike behind me and started honking again... I was hyper-ventilating at that time. I called up the supplier again and demanded them to hurry up as there was a policeman at my back...

At that point, the honking stopped. I looked into my rearview mirror and to my horror; I saw him alighting from his bike and slowly pulled out his book. OH NO!!!! Really really panicking already... I don't want to get a summon..


It's like in the movies...

As he started his walk towards my car, my hand when towards my clutch and my legs automatically pressed the accelerator and my car when off in a lunge, leaving him standing in the dust...praying at the same time that he won't remember my car number plate. At that point, I was so dammed angry. I was cursing the policeman, cursing the supplier and cursing the stupid KL lunch hour traffic… I had to make a big circle around Sg. Wang which took me another extra 20mins…

Luckily when I arrived back in front of Sg. Wang, the policeman was no longer in sight; most probably left to scare some other people. Phewww...

But now thinking back, I realize I was in the wrong. I stopped my car by the roadside causing the traffic to worsen and he is just doing his job. I'm guilty of honking at people who cause jams too... Especially people who likes stopping by the roadside and blocking everyone behind and driving super slowly too and not signaling, and the list goes on.

Anyway, enough said, I know I'm guilty. But then again, if there was no such thing as a policeman, life would be….hmmm???

We hate them, yet we still need them... Ironic isn't it?




No comments: