March 23, 2011

next time

I wanted to continue posting on my Melbourne Trip. But I'm feeling lazy and not really in the mood to screen my photos and upload it... Cos every time I look at my photos, I think about how much I wanna go travel and travel and travel... I need more money please...

I enjoy watching TV. One of the thing that I enjoy at the end of the day is going home and sit in front of the TV with my legs up. But its becoming so much of a habit. Once I sit, I don't wanna move... at all.... Just so tired... It's like my chill out time with my family and siblings.. and of cos the TV..

So yeah, today i got home and found my sister watching a movie. as usual i sat down and didn't move the entire movie.. haha... except to grab some ice-cream (my sister bought baskin robbins. how to resist? and its cotton candy flavour... i like :)  anyway, the movie was "Last Holiday". not sure how many of you watch it before but its a story about this lady who worked very hard as a sales clerk and she kept waiting for something big to happen. she waited and waited..and just work... one day, she had a small accident at work, bumped her head, went to see doctor and was was diagnosed with cancer and had only 3-4 weeks to live. it was so sad. she kept asking God, "why me? why me?". anyway, she decided to take all her money and go for her dream holiday. there she met some bunch of people, did crazy stuff and enjoyed her life. and to cut the long story short, she touched most people who knew her with how she live her life. i'm not going to tell you the ending in case you have not watch it.. but please do... its inspiring..

and the movie caught me thinking.... what will i do with my life if i only had a couple of days or weeks to life? life is crazy sometimes. everything seem so right and then suddenly.. something happens... and life changes... and what matters is how we take it.. we give up or we take it by the horns? sometimes its much easier to give up... to just sit there and not do anything.. after all, what's the point... i keep telling my young people, to go out and do something.. this generation is just so complacent... its like they are living in their own fantasy world.. they sit around and just waste time.. and wait for things to happen... i keep reminding them.. do something.. life has so much to offer.. even if you are doing something wrong.. so what? doing something is better then doing nothing at all.. at least you learn and grow from it...

i guess lately everyone is so concern about how short life is with the many natural disasters and war that is going on... and is like you blink your eyes and your life has gone passed... i cannot imagine what will i do if there is an earthquake or a tsunami in malaysia... its just seem so impossible... but then again, nothing is impossible lately... who knows, God might just decide to wake us up suddenly :)

one thing i remembered about the movie is she was standing in front of the mirror and she was just telling herself..." Next time we will do things differently. We will laugh more, love more; and see the world. We won't be so afraid. "... and i thought to myself.. what will i do if i have a next time?

some people say that i have changed. i think i did. i know i did. all i ever wanted when i was younger is to become successful and famous and have lots of money and lots of nice shoes. but now... its just meaningless to me... yes, i still do like nice things.. i still need money.... but its not my goal anymore... i always wanted to conquer the world... and yes, i still do.. but in a different way.. in a different type of world... because what matters at the end of the my journey, is what i did with my life.. and the people whom i have touched...

You and I know the secret of life... its butter.


life is just so short... its time to do something... maybe i will start my "book of possibilities".. its not that difficult.. i love life. there is just so many things to do... anyone wanna sky dive with me? or maybe join the mercy corps? or just go do something?











2 comments:

Eunice said...

When i am a certified nurse, one of my goals is to join something like the mercy corps. go around and give medical aid to ppl who have no such privileges =)

theestherchew said...

good for u... let me know k... i also want go volunteer :)