Couple of days ago, I had a conversation with Clem on opportunity cost. So what is opportnity cost, if you are asking?
Hmm, not quite sure about the word "benefits" tho..
Anyway, I asked him about the things that he could have/ have done if we were not together. But he took the chicken way out and said "I dunno. Have not thought about it before" *Sigh*
Anyway, here's muh opportunity costs of being in a relationship :
1. Many boring, lonely nights. I get to hang out with the same boring people who have same boring, lonely lives like me.
2. Becoming a workaholic. Well, I will work late nights, no proper meals, get fatter seating infront of the computer, more white hairs and becoming unhealthy.
3. More money. Well, diffinately more money, to spend on myself buying pointless, useless, artificial, materialistic stuff. Mostly on pretty things :p
4. Less free meals. I do not get to try new restaurants, new food, new adventure. I get to pay my own food and spend more money buying my own dinners, lunch, breakfast, tea breaks, desserts, ice creams. No Jap food, no Fish & Co, no Haegen Daz.
5. Extra attention. I get to savour the attention from some Tom, Dick & Harry who are more interested in my pretty face and body then my mind and personality.
6. Own personal driver. I get to drive myself eveywhere, all the time, listening to the radio all by myself.
7. No partner-in-crime. I do no have a partner in crime. I get to watch movies by myself, go shopping carrying all my purchases by myself, laugh at other people by myself, cry all alone, stress all alone, be all alone.
8. Less mushy. I get less hugs, less kisses and less "you are my world" stuff. I can skip the emotional attachments that may turn me into someone who is so lovey dovey that it gives me goosebumps.
So here's my take on what will happen to me if I am not in a relationship. Darn, what kind of benefits are this? Not being in a relationship is NO fun..
OH NO, what happend to strong, independant, macho Esther *shudder with horror*
Okay, i better stop before I go crazier with lack of sleep..