December 3, 2010

trusty mechanic, un-trusty car..

In my house, we have an unofficial permanent "workshop" (Those that you can send your car for repairs, maintenance and check-ups). This "workshop" is open almost 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The "mechanic" is the best and more reliable mechanic I've ever known and I can trust him to save me anytime, anywhere *almost*, beret me for mishandling my car, teach me how to maintain and jaga my car.. and keep my car running...

Although there are occasion when my car will fall sick and need some repairs and upgrading...

Today was such a day. My car decided to die on me... It happened at the carpark of my workplace... Here's what happened.  Just before I turned up the ramp, the whole car just shut down and even after turning the key many times, it won't start... OMG!!!! There was a long queue building up behind me and everywhere was full as the Crocs Sales is going on.. As I was a couple of meters away from the Car Wash, I requested the Chinese guy to help me push my car to the side... And guess what he said "Mo Yan Tui" (translation "No One Push"). Considering that he had 3 other guys with him and only 1 car in the wash area.. I felt like smacking him... Arrgghhh!!! Anyway, I did manage to get some security guards to help me push my car to the side...

Next, phone call...... "Dad!!!! My car died." And he will come flying to save me. Problem solved..End of story..
.

Oh wait, he is outstation... OH NOO!!! Starts crying...
.
and crying..

And hoping someone will help me...
.
.
.
Haha.. that will be a sight...

Anyway, nope... I did not repair my car on my own... I'm not so knowledgeable... But I know well enough that it wasn't the batteries... It was my car distributor.. It died...  So I walked over to the mechanic shop, and made arrangements for the mechanic to come and change a new one...  Oh, I did threw many "Esther's glares" at the stuck-up car wash guy.. and happily block his car washed area... After all, he refused to help me push my car to a safer location..

So now, my car is running again... and I'm left with dirty fingers, sweaty shirt and a bill for RM285 :(

And in case you were wondering, I did call Rockstar.. but just to ask him where is the mechanic shop... I think I know more about cars maintenance then him :)

Lesson learned : get a new car...any volunteers to send me some moolah?






2 comments:

gapnap said...

lol.

what about boyfriend maintenance?

esther said...

haha... of cos i better... :)