February 26, 2013

Italian dining @ La Risata

A few weeks back, we were invited to a friend's birthday cum reunion party. It was at a Italian restaurant just behind Victoria Station along Sprint Highway. 


We had bread to munch on while looking at the menu. Bread was just OK but the olive oil thingie was really really good. 



We ordered 3 appetizers to be shared among us - The beef slices, the seafood soup and something else which I don't have a picture and can't remember what we ordered. I like the beef slices - it was sliced so thinly that it almost fell apart in the short space from the main plate to my plate and from my plate to my mouth. The cheese gave it extra flavour. The soup had a very tomato-ish base and it was cold. Not really my thing but it still tasted quite delicious. 



I had the salmon which I must say, not one of the best I have tasted but still above average. The fish itself is a lil overcooked but the dressing and sauce made it overall a satisfying dish. 


Rockstar ordered the chicken and it was good. Soft and slightly crisp on the outside. And the sauce had a unique tinge of taste. 


Another friend ordered the seafood pasta.


And another ordered the risotto, I think. 




Obviously I didn't take enough pictures or taste enough food to do a proper review. However, I would say that overall the ambience, the service, the food quality is above average. I would have to go back for a 2nd round to made a conclusive decision. The entire bill for 9 person came up to RM125 per person ; but that included wine and some other expensive main course. If you skip the wine and cut down on appetizers  you might get a good meal for about RM50-60 per pax. 


We had a cake and its delicious.


Happy birthday Arun & Aiman. It's very late but I did wish you that day :p


La Risata - Bar. Pizzeria. Ristorante.
128 Jalan Kasah
Medan Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur
+ 603 2095 9572
damansara@la-risata.com

Lunch : 12.00pm-2.30pm
Dinner : 6.30pm-10.30pm

No comments: