January 16, 2016

Turning 3 months old

Time, please slow down! 


Everything is passing by in a flash. It makes me just want to be here and enjoy every single precious moments. My little girl is now three months old. No longer the squirmy little mouse, her legs and arms have filled up with tiny little rolls. Her little belly is so round and lets not talk about her face. And to think that I was so worried about her size and weight just a few weeks back. 


She has change so much from the time we brought her back from the hospital to the little adult she is growing to be. She is so much more alert now, smiling and cooing back whenever someone plays or talks to her. Her big eyes is constantly moving back and forth looking at all the big things happening around her. She still doesn't like to be left alone for too long, preferring to be held in the middle of everything that is going on. She will start calling for attention in her cute little voice if no one attends to her. And boy, she can be loud. She have started to be a little chatterbox, making all sorts of noises with her mouth. Oh, and the drooling and playing with saliva bubbles have started. 


Her smiles are one of the best things in life. My heart just cannot contain the love I have for her whenever she smiles at me. And even though she is still a baby, she seems to know whenever I scold her by either giving me her cheeky little grins or quietening down and being solemn. And I swear she listens and seem to understand whenever I talk to her. Even though she enjoys daddy carrying her when she is awake, I am her go to person whenever she is sleepy. She will quieten down, stop fussing and lay her head on my shoulder. I do love bath times with her. Its our special time together and I am sure she enjoys it as much as I do. This little girl sure knows her way to her mummy's heart. 


Feeding is so much easier now. She is almost about to stop formula and solely relaying on breastfeeding. The last bottle I gave her was 5 days ago and she only took about 1/2oz of it. She recognizes day and night time and goes back to sleep after every night feeding. She also got into a routine of feeding every 3 hours, each time taking about 10-15 minutes and on the rare occasion 30-40 minutes. But with the moving and the change in time zone, everything is off schedule. We will need some time to get into a routine again. Although, there isn't much of a routine as Rockstar and I are pretty much un-routine and un-schedule people. But I've been trying to set some sort of a wake-up time, afternoon nap and bed time routine for her. Any advices? 


She also loves her Baby K'tan, falling asleep soundly whenever she is in it which leaves me 2 hands free to do whatever I need to do. She started taking the pacifier and sucking it does seem to soothe her to sleep. She loves looking at lights and ceilings and her new bird mobile on her jungle play mat. She enjoys car rides and especially her car seat. She likes listening to music with Rockstar and seem to have a thing for Elvis. Her hands are her joy now and stuffing her whole fist into her mouth is now her new daily goal. She still dislike tummy time and being left alone for along period of time. 


As for me, everything is pretty much Hannah focus. I guess my challenge is now balancing my time between her and everything else. She is still my main focus but I feel that I need to do other things besides just taking care of her. Time for some new year resolutions. Its already half the month into January and I have yet to think about new year resolutions yet. I guess my immediate resolution is to find time to write down my new year resolutions. Oh, the irony. Getting rid of the tummy flab and cellulite will be high on my list. And maybe look into new interest at home. But for now,my focus is right here. 


I love this little girl so very much. She brings us so much joy. 

No comments: