April 18, 2013

I got poisoned, by my dive master

Last Friday, my SIL & I decided to go diving. We booked out tickets and 36 hours later, we arrived in Redang Island. We did 2 dives on Sunday and another 3 on Monday. Sunday night, our dive master talked us into rental an underwater camera and I don't regret it. Not one single bit. It was super fun and made the dives more interesting. Here are some of the shots.

SIL and I, all set to dive. 


 Our Dive Master, Tim, gave me lots of pointers and tips on underwater photography. This are some of his shots that I like. 





OK I got to admit. The 1st time I held a camera, it was total failure. Ugly shots and lots of 'lap sap' aka rubbish, coined by our dive master. Here are some of my shots, mostly cropped, to save myself the ugly truth embarrassment. However, no other editing was done, so colour is original. 







 Lots of Nemos, cause I like Nemos. And they are the easiest to capture :)






The surge was really strong and I had a hard time steadying myself. 




 Lots of dead corals and brown rocks. Very sad :(





This is what happens when you go diving with so many people. All crowding around just to spot a nudibranch. Hahaha.. Nah, it was worst on our last dive when a big group of students joined us. I kept bumping into legs and tanks and bodies, or had someone's flipper in my picture. 



A selfie at the end of the dive, before boarding the boat. 


After getting scolded by Tim again for all the rubbish photos, the last dive was much better. I was steadier, was not so afraid to get closer to the subject and was more relax. However, I accidentally change the setting and most shots came out blurry and the colours were not sharp. I can just go shoot myself in the head. -_- So disappointed. Anyway, here are some shots that are passable. Some of them are cropped, to remove all the unwanted 'lap sap' but besides that, no other editing. 

Crown of thorns. Beware!!


Blue-spotted Sting Ray. It was the nearest I could go. We also saw a turtle but it swam away before we could get a clear shot. 



Sea grapes!!





Feather Star. 


Black Fan Coral. 



Finally, a fish. Super hard to get a clear shot as they move so fast. 





And finally, if you can spot it, a faraway, blurry picture of a giant barracuda right in the center. I didn't dare go closer. After that, Tim took the camera back and record a video of it. (Will try to upload it to Youtube)


And finally, finally, a picture of me - diving :) Yay!! Super happy that I had the opportunity to take photos. I think I'm hooked. Time to get an underwater camera!!! Woots!!

Need to relook my underwater hairstyle. 
So yeah, tell me what do you think. Do I stand a slight chance in underwater photography or just tell me if I should just pack my gears and head home? 


No comments: