March 25, 2012

wee little people

Yesterday's Kids@5 was awesome!! It was fun.. and tiring. The kids had a tendency to push and shove each other to sit together or right in the front row. Most of the time it causes a lot of tears and the quieter ones will be pushed behind. So I had an idea to use hula hoops to mark their spot. It worked really well. All the kids sat in the hoops and did not fight each other except maybe for the colour hoops initially. Although I wish I could say they sat quietly.. but that's not what happened. They were playing with the hoops and making a lot of noise. My initial plan was to tape the hula hoops to the ground but the Resource Room did not have masking tape. So I will have to rethink the whole thing the next time. 

*picture from Tiffany 

Anyway, I was in-charged of Gel and Glorify. We sang different songs including "Zacchaeus was a wee little man" and I improvise all the steps using the hoops. And they all had fun. They were playing and doing the actions with the hoops more then singing. :)

The topic that day was on Zacchaeus. They watch a video about the story before Michelle did a summary.

 

*picture from Tiffany 

Then it was on to craft.. Lydia did a maze colouring thingie with them and taught them the memory verse. 

*picture from Tiffany 


This picture below was taken last week during Kidz@5. Bunch of crazy active kids but lovable and cute at the same time. I see them growing up so fast. Penny, the tiny girl in white keeling in the front row with glasses on, was just a tiny baby couple of years ago. Joshua, the really cute boy in red at the front row, was so super shy and kept crying when he first join. Now, he walks into class like a little man and doesn't not cry one bit. Nathaniel, the taller boy in army green shirt at the back, can now walk around the class on his own. 
 
*picture from Tiffany 


They have not driven me up the wall yet but even if they eventually do, I guess I will still love them. Its hard not too... 


No comments: