October 4, 2011

Nyonya Cuisine @ Restaurant Tanjung Bunga

Even though I lived in the outskirts, whenever I travel or when people ask me where I am from, I would normally say Petaling Jaya (PJ) or if they don't know where that is, I will say Kuala Lumpur (KL). I frequent PJ so much that I consider myself a sort-off native. But even with me being a sort-of native, very often then not, I would chance upon an old restaurant which I have not noticed or tried before. Tanjung Bunga is one of them. For those PJ-nites, please bear with me ok? The PJ-nites that I talked to all knows about this place. I guess thats why I am only a sort-off native, since I didn't know about it :)


Restaurant Tanjung Bunga is located in the less popular part of SS2 called "Chow Yang", named after the famous Chow Yang Hawker Center. The signboard and the outward appearance does not do it justice. Its hard to spot it from the outside. We arrived early one evening and the place was already half-filled.  



Even thought the restaurant is quite old, the cutlery are new. Plus points :) I am a sucker for clean new cutlery... 


The wait was slightly long as it got more and more crowded and one of the vegetables that we ordered did not arrived. However, the rest of the dishes made up for it... Portions were all quite big and the food was simple, home-cooked and tasty... 

 Fried Crispy Sotong RM12


 Thai Mango Fried Chicken RM15

 Tom Yam Seafood Soup RM12

Fried Tai Chi Beancurd RM8

We finish up everything with a satisfied smile. Even thought the food cannot be compared to the tastiness of the salty, flavorful Chinese food, its was good enough for Nyonya style food... and the prices are reasonable too. I've heard that this place is famous for their Fish Head Curry and Coffee Spare Ribs *hmm.. sounds unique*. Maybe I will come back one day to try it :) 

Restaurant Tanjung Bunga
117 Jalan SS 2/6
SS 2, 47300 Petaling Jaya, 
Selangor
Open Hours : Mon-Wed, Fri-Sun 11:30am-10pm
Contact : 03- 7877 4531



No comments: