March 3, 2011

Explosives on Runway

I'm back! I'm back!

Gosh... I do miss Malaysia... the food, the weather, the cheap stuff....and of cos the special someone :)

Touchdown Wednesday evening after a delay of approximately 2.5hours. It was like the most eventful flight ever in my life...

OK, here's what happened. We left Melbourne @ 8.00am Malaysian time after a short delay due to some problem with the Australian air-control or stuff. I had some roast lamb for breakfast cum lunch, slept, finish my book, slept, did some work on my laptop, watch a couple of series of Batman Beyond, sleep and then woke up to a terrible headache and feeling uncomfortable. The weather was bad and the plane was being tossed around like a paper plane almost throughout the entire flight. Mind you that this is a large plane, not sure what type but its a large one la... The experience was terrible. Its like up and down, up and down, and down and up, left and right. Within a couple of minutes of waking up, I could feel my body turning cold from legs upwards and I started sweating cold sweat... I was thinking to myself... Oh gosh, I must have food poisoning or something... I tried taking deep breaths and forcing myself to feel OK. *Its all in the mind! Its all in the mind!* Its so totally not cool to vomit on a plane. Nothing help. After asking the air-stewardess for a bag, i tried to relax. Suddenly, I felt a tugging on my shirt. My sister, who was sitting behind me was throwing up. After passing some tissue to her *sorry that's all I could do as I was feeling just about to pass out*, i tried relaxing again. Within a minute or 2, I also threw up. It was gross...  But guess what? That was like the best thing that happened. Cos after that, I was feeling just dandy. I could even skip up and down the plane and twirl around if you asked me too... Seriously... I feel really great. Luckily I didn't cos the guy beside me threw up soon after that and I guess quite a number of passengers threw up as well. The air-stewardess was passing "Minyak Angin" around the plane. Thank God for Minyak Angin...

Estimated time to arrived in LCCT is  @ 3.50pm but just slightly before it, the pilot announced that both the runways are closed and we are detouring to Penang airport. So to Penang we went. Got there, re-fueled for like an hour + and just around 5.30pm, we were informed that the re-fueling and documentation were completed and that we were heading back to KL. The whole plane full broke out in cheers. The cause of the problem? 2 explosives were found on LCCT runway. OMG!!!! We headed back to KL. Landed on KLIA runway, taxied to LCCT terminal and alighted there. Finally!!! I was just about ready to kiss the ground.. Reach the safety of Mother Earth at about 6.30pm.

All in all, it was an adventure. Good experience but not something I want to go through again...

As I was writing this, I google and this is what I found... Bomb find at KLIA puts 56 flights on hold. Couldn't really understand the article. KLIA runway?? On Monday?? That why the hell did we detour our flight for? What actually happened?

OK. Enough of the terrible experience... and back to the more interesting stuff. I promised myself that I will blog each day on my trip . Why? Cos the last couple of trips I went never appeared on this blog cos I kept pushing it off and after delaying a couple of months, i was just too lazy to write about it.. I can't even remember what trip it was... Sigh :( So this time around, I decided to blog everyday before I went to sleep..

And you guess right.. It didn't happen. It wasn't my fault. Really. Who ask the hotel to charge super expensive Wifi rate *Its AUD5 for 23mins* that I couldn't be bothered to go online. After all, I'm on HOLIDAY!!! But but but... I did manage to write 2 blog post. And I swear, I wanted to post it up. I took my laptop to McD as they provided free Wifi. But then found out it was up to a maximum of 50MB. Gosh!! Uploading photos took so super long that I just decided to forget the whole idea. So just wait... I will be posing up about my trip soon... Promise *cross fingers* :)

So enough of my ranting...and if you have read through the whole post, congratulations; you just wasted your time.. Its now 5.21 in the morning...Melbourne time.. minus 3 hours for Malaysia time... Still a little jag lag... That's why I'm writing crap... Need.bed.soon...





No comments: